WHAT TO EXPECT –
|JOIN US FOR ‘IN-PERSON’ SERVICES AT DESTINY THIS SUNDAY
We are ready and excited to be taking careful step to gather the Church together – at 9:15am and 11am.
Here are some things to help you as you prepare to join us:
- Parking – Destiny will buy your parking ticket – our Welcome Team will direct you to the Hospital (Ashton) Parking area.
- Timing – the doors will not be open until 15 minutes before the start of a Service.
- Care and Respect – please wear a mask and be thoughtful to respect personal space to everyone feels safe and secure. Hand sanitisers are available.
- Seating – we have a huge building and the seats are spaced, or on the Rake only every other row is available.
- Ventilation – all rooms will be well ventilated for the comfort and safety.
- Children – please register your child as normal, wait for the announcement and go to the Middle Level for DCTV led by our experienced Children’s Team
- Giving – please continue to give on-line if possible, but offering buckets will also be available at the end of each Service.
- Refreshments – sorry there be no Café Connect for now – but we have installed a cooled Water Machine in the Minor Hall (near the Lift)
- At the end of each Service – the children will be brought back to their families in the Main Hall and then all the Exit doors will be available for you to leave.
- Before and between each Service – all touch-points will be sanitised and the ‘air’ will be changed via our ventilation system.
If you want to come on Sunday but you’re really nervous, you could book a ‘socially distanced seat’ to be reserved for you, please email Rachel@DestinyChurch.co.uk before 5pm on Friday and we will help make coming to Destiny easier for you.
…… under normal non covid-19 restricted times our services looked and will one day hopefully be more like this…
There is a choice of two identical services. With the cafe open from 8:30 the first service will start at 9.15 with Destiny Worship Band leading us in passionate praise and worship songs. There will be a short item focused on the children, perhaps time to pray for people, some announcements and opportunity to give money to God before the preaching or sermon talk which is a message based on the Bible. We finish about 10.30am.
The second identical service starts at 11am and finishes at 12.15 followed by the cafe available in the Minor Hall – most people stay and enjoy chatting together.
You’ll get a free coffee and pastry as a visitor.
If you are visiting us or need disabled parking please follow our “Priority Parking” signs. Ask one of the parking attendants for help to guide you into the best spaces on each visit. There is plenty parking available on the streets around the building (watch for parking restrictions) or in the nearby hospital car parks.
If you’ve got children – please register them into their groups in the minor hall before each session- they usually go to their groups mid way through the service. There is a baby room where the service is streamed so if you’ve got a restless little one you can still be part of the service.